Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Día de los Muertos

Día de los Muertos is widely celebrated in the Latin community here.  I made a talisman to recognize the day in my own way.



Over the years I've made a number of these talismans.  In this case I used a tin can lid, pull tabs, scrap paper and some beads. I actually found this string of beads in the gutter - maybe it was originally a bracelet. Anyhow, I knew I wanted to use them in some way.  

Do you ever find interesting things while out walking?



4 comments:

  1. Nice find on your walk. You used it perfectly in your cool talisman. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. What a lucky, lucky find. Those skulls add so much interest to the beautiful talisman. Happy Dia De Los Muertos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never found anything as interesting as that, Darla. The talisman is so interesting, perfect for the day. I pick up feathers, seed pods, things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little talismans you have made and showed us in the past. This one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete