Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Second on the Second 11/02/22

 Elizabeth gives us a chance to re-post something from our blog every month on the 2nd.  My entry for this month is below.  You can find everyone participating HERE.  Thanks so much Elizabeth.


WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2011

Día de los Muertos

Día de los Muertos is widely celebrated in the latin community here.  I decided to make a talisman to recognize the day in my own way.



I think if you click on the picture you can enlarge it.

I really enjoy making what I call Rubble Art. Just the usual tin can lid, pull tabs, scrap paper and some beads. I actually found this string of beads in the gutter - maybe it was originally a bracelet. Anyhow, I knew I wanted to use them in some way.

Have you found anything interesting laying in the street lately?



2 comments:

  1. I remember when you shared this post, Darla. It was perfect as your second look for this month, too. I love how everything is recycled. No, I haven't found anything in the street except plastic water bottles thrown from cars. Thanks for sharing this beauty as your second look on the 2nd, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Darla. I hope your Nov. 2 was a nice day.

    ReplyDelete