Monday, November 7, 2022

Tea Stands for Tuesday 11/7/22

 It is time to get the party rolling.  I'll bring food.  Today my post is all about the food.

You have seen my Nana Banana cup before.  Same cup, same coffee.

Have you seen the Land O'Lakes flavored butter?  I had that on a piece of toast earlier.  It was good, not to sweet.  I admit I could easily accomplish the same thing without the packaging.  Toast, butter, cinnamon and sugar.


Some tiimes I get so bored when grocery shopping that I would buy almost anything I haven't seen before.  Marketing people have me in their sights.  LOL! 

Never mind that stuff in the background, I will be making chicken noodle soup later.  Just lining things up.




To make up for all that foolishness I baked lemon cakes.  I used our own lemons picked from our tree this morning.  See there?  I can be thrifty,  I can get 6 small loaves out of my recipe.  They freeze really well and it is nice to have something on hand when the urge strikes.

That's me for today.  Lets all go over to Elizabeth's and bother everyone - or, er, - see what they are talking about.








14 comments:

  1. Your lemon cakes look delicious and extra points for using your own grown lemons. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemon cakes will be really nice to have in the freezer when you need a little something. marketing always amazes me with the products they develop-Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Nana Banana mug. We used to call our Nan that when we were kids. And your lemon breads look fantastic. How fun you could use lemons right off your tree. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something to be said for novelty! And convenience. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cinnamon toast but it seems so easy to just shake some cinnamon-sugar mixture over buttered bread (and toast it or not). I bought one of those sugar shakers they have on tables in diners and coffee shops and I put cinnamon-sugar in it so it's always ready. So it seems pretty simple and not like I need the butter company to do it for me.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I am SO with you with shopping new stuff to eat or drink!
    Lemons from your own tree. Must be wonderful!
    Oh, I had a baking-freezing-galore last week. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still love the cup! That butter looks fun - I would buy it too. Wow - you have a lemon tree - that is sooooo cool. Fun post!!! Happy T-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the cinnamon spread tastes so yummy on toast and those lemon cakes look so good, I love a slice with my cuppa this T Day ☺️. I bet it tastes so much nicer made with your own lemons too. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, lemon cake! Sounds delicious and thrifty indeed. I have never had cinnamon sugar butter but sounds like the perfect accompaniment to toast.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lemon cakes look good. We don't have that brand of butter here but I don't think we have flavoured butter either, we are so boring lol Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those little lemon cakes are just darling Darla! Yeah i buy the same stuff grocery shopping all the time too.. I do much better at being thrifty if its just me grocery shopping than if hubby comes along.. lol he's always throwing something in the cart.. Happy T day ! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen the flavored butter. I'm right behind you in line to try something like that 😺 Mmmm, lemon cake with your own lemons. Your house must smell heavenly. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flavoured butter looks tasty, but yes, you are right, you could easily make it. I haven't had any for years but now want it for breakfast in the morning! Can't go wrong with lemon cake made with your own lemons! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete