Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tea Stands for Tuesday 1/22/19

Good Morning on this Tuesday.  I'm waiting for my coffee to brew and my English muffin to toast.  Nothing quite like lemon curd made from your own lemons for breakfast.




MICROWAVE LEMON CURD (makes about a cup)

Zest of one lemon
6 Tablespoons sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup butter

Combine lemon zest, juice, butter and sugar in a micro-safe glass bowl of at least 4 cup capacity. Cover bowl with plastic wrap turned back to allow steam to escape. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.

Meanwhile beat eggs in a small bowl with a wire whisk. Gradually beat in about 1/2 of the hot lemon mixture. Pour this egg/lemon mixture back in the microwave bowl with the remaining hot mix, beating with a wire whisk to make it smooth. Microwave uncovered for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Remove bowl from microwave and whisk mixture until smooth. It should be thick enough to coat a spoon. If not thick enough, microwave 1 minute longer (I never had to do this). Whisk until smooth.

Put lemon curd in a one cup container and refrigerate. Keeps one month.

You can see all the citrus we picked from our river property in my yesterday's blog post.  I'm now going to the Altered Book Lover blog to see what my friends have been up to.  Please join us.  It is a great group.

19 comments:

  1. This was a fun T-Day entry to read. Including a recipe besides the drink: how great is that? :-) Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, I have never made lemon curd-thanks so much for sharing the recipe and awesome to have your own trees
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon curd. I don't have a microwave so I would have to do mine in a pan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemon curd but have never made any of my own. This recipe sound delicious

    Jave a very happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes my mouth water just to see the picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea you could make lemon curd in the microwave or that it would keep for a whole month in the fridge. Thank you for the recipe, Darla.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love an easy recipe like this- and it's especially appealing that it keeps for a month. Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That recipe is easy enough to follow, and I have a bag of lemons sitting here from a friend.......might have to try that one! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, lemon curd is one of my favourites and it must taste amazing made from your own lemons 😁. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy lemon curd but have never made my own. Yours looks tasty, and this recipe sounds doable. Thx! :) I like that spoon. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Lemon curd - thank you for the recipe! Sounds easy! Happy T-Day dear Darla! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never made Lemon curd or even tasted it. But it looks and sounds delicious.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thank you so much for the lemon curd recipe! I love lemon curd but we can't get it here. Now I can make my own. That's great. It looks easy too.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lemon curd sounds fantastic. Good choice. And I bet it is delicious on your toast. Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sincere apologies for not visiting sooner, but my electricity went out about 4ish this morning. It is finally back on and I keep getting interrupted while trying to play catch-up.

    I'm going to make some lemon curd, especially since it's microwavable. I just hope I can find my zester. Haven't seen it since Christmas.

    I am lusting over your cup and saucer. They are beautiful and of course would fit in well in my kitchen. Thanks for sharing your lemon curd recipe, your coffee, and English muffin (I visualized both) with us for T this Tuesday. Again, sorry I'm late visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lemon curd is not common here, but it might be worth to give it a try! it really looks yummy! happy wednesday (i´m too late for thursday;))

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lemon curd looks delicious, it is one of my favourite spreads for toast.
    Sorry I am late calling in and I send you best wishes for a good day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! You did have a lot of citrus fruit - I love marmalade but haven't made my own for years!!! Lemon curd, homemade lemon curd....I wish I could pop round for a taste!!! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the recipe! I can't wait to try it! Happy belated T Day!

    ReplyDelete