Monday, January 21, 2019

Hello!

We've been at the River House for the past week with no wifi.  I've missed checking on my friends so will be doing that today


We have quite a few citrus trees there and this is the time of year most of the fruit ripens.  We brought home lots of lemons and oranges.  I have a number of recipes that use lemons.  Lemon tarts, lemon pie, lemon cake, lemon curd and so forth.  I don't have many that use oranges though

Do you have a favorite recipe that uses citrus fruit to share with me?

5 comments:

  1. I'm always taken aback when I am reminded you have citrus trees that bear fruit. Amazing! I don't make much with fruit. I eat oranges, of course, and put lemon in my water, and I use dried citrus peel in recipes. If I had an orange tree I'd have to try making orange marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to make an orange pie......made like a lemon pie but with oranges. I loved them. I think you can use oranges, in place of lemons in most recipes......you might have to adjust the sugar.
    A friend brought me a bag of oranges and a bag of lemons, I'm going to squeeze them and freeze the juice for this summer.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fruit look so yummy. I think you can substitute oranges for lemons in many recipes. I also love to make date nut bars and soak the dates in orange juice first. I may have to go make some now that the thought came into my head. Have fun with all that baking. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so awesome to grow your own citrus. I love to make lemon meringue pie-I bet you could also use oranges instead. you could juice the fruits and freeze for later

    ReplyDelete