Friday, October 6, 2017

Neighborhood walk - 10/6/17

October is usually a beautiful month for walking here.  Sunny mornings prevail.  



Crate and Barrel

Some of the shops along my route are filled with fall displays.  I like this one and it looks like it would be so easy to create at home.



Fall in the Bay Area doesn't bring us much in the way of colorful leaves - but cactus anyone?


I don't know what the plant is.  It is planted along the wall of an industrial building and I've walked past it many times but this time it had what I suppose are blossoms.  I thought they were interesting.

I hope you are having wonderful weather wherever you are.



7 comments:

  1. We are having lovely fall weather here in NC but it is suppose to warm up and rain this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy seeing what you have seen on your walks, Darla.
    It's raining today - the first real rain we have had in a month! So needed. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have fall weather here yet. We're getting mid-80s and sunny. Eventually I hope to see some fall color. I love the leaves on that store display table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been hot, hot, hot here. It finally "cooled" to the mid 80s F this week, and we are supposed to get even cooler next wee. No autumn here yet, either, although I was impressed with the Crate and Barrel design. Yes, I can see that in my home, too!

    How amazing that you discovered a new and fun flower along your walk. Isn't nature just the BEST?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful walk! The pretty fall table display is so pretty and those little pumpkins are adorable 😁. I love cactus, we have several on our windowsill, although they are not that big ...lol! I think the plant is a Japanese Aralia (False Castor Oil Plant), we have them here and I like the blooms too 😀. We've had beautiful sunny weather today so we've been out and about, and even treated ourselves to an ice-cream at the Italian ice-cream palour in town - yum! Wishing you a very Happy Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely Fall table arrangement - I enjoy seeing the decor for the season and Thanksgiving. Our Autumn is without the golden colours as most of our trees are evergreen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall is the best walking time and I miss getting out and about since school is back in session. Fall displays are always so pretty I think too. Enjoy your exercise! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete