Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday and Fires


I'm sure many of you have heard about the horrible fires in Northern California.  


Thanks to all our first responders.  
Not to make light of it but ...
They are calling this California Fairy Dust

Napa and Sonoma Counties are places we visited so often over the years.  Lake County is where we lost our vacation home and all contents to a wild fire just two years ago.  Friends in all three counties have been evacuated or are awaiting evacuation notices.

On a personal level, it is hard to talk to friends or watch the news because it brings our evacuation experience and loss all back to me.  I felt compelled to write about it here though, I couldn't just ignore it.

There are so many disasters going on in the world today but I'm asking you to hold a tiny place in your heart for these people in our State.



9 comments:

  1. I do, hold that place in my heart. 3 of my sisters had to evacuate Naples Florida a month ago to get away from Irma and all of her destruction. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Those fires are terrible. It is so sad how many people's homes are no more. Thinking of all those victims. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been glued to the TV every chance I get to watch those fires. The best place to view them is the weather channel (for some strange reason). They update us on how contained they are, too. The poor first responders and fire fighters aren't making much headway, though. Yes, I'm definitely thinking about you in SF and the fires that are so near you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horror of these fires is shown on our nightly news. A high school friend is right in the middle, has been evacuated and doesn't know if her house has been spared. I remember your losing the mountain house and that this must bring it all back to you as you watch others in similar situations. Sending hugs and thinking of you and all those who are in the midst of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending my prayers to those affected and holding a little piece of my heart for those in your State ❤. It must be so hard to talk to friends and watch the news stories when you have experienced this first hand yourself, thinking of you and sending you big hugs! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. The images I'm seeing on tv are shocking. The loss! The helplessness :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darla that photo is very dramatic and shocking, even if they do call it fairy dust. I feel so sad for California, and for you too, having to re-live it in your mind. I had flash-backs for several years after our car accident, and it is very difficult to endure. Hugs to you, and let us hope for an end to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have family in the Santa Rosa area: some had to evacuate, some did not. My cousin reported that the region is destroyed.

    ReplyDelete