Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 9/5/17

Good morning friends.  I have internet connection this Tuesday so I'm happy to join our hostess Elizabeth and all the tea gang for a visit.  You can find us HERE.



I've been exploring an idea.  I'm decorating bottles that I would otherwise discard.  My bottle of water is hiding there in the background, I would rather not get paint on that.


First I spray painted a bottle with gloss white.  The florals are from napkins. I decoupaged them onto the bottle using Golden's mat medium and then added some acrylic paint dots to give some connection to the florals and a sense of movement to the design.



You can see the details here.  Did you notice the lid is still on the bottle and there is a cup hook on the lid?  Yep.  I had something else in mind when I spray painted the bottles.  I will have to unscrew the cap and then touch up the white paint in that area.

I had fun playing with this idea.  Have you tried anything new lately?  A new paint?  A new crochet or knit stitch?  A new recipe?  

11 comments:

  1. Love your decorated bottles. I'm always trying new things, some turn out well and others not, but it's all fun. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your bottle turned out grand. I thought perhaps you were making a light when I saw the cup hook. The bottle turned out great, and I like the idea of it not ending in the recycle bin.

    I have many things I want to try, but seem to have no time to create them. I really like your latest art project. Thanks for sharing it and your water with us for T this Tuesday. SO glad to see you back. I was really worried about you with all those fires in northern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous decorated bottle and a great idea to re use something that would perhaps get thrown into the recycling box.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your painted bottles! what a fun way to be creative-and useful as well.
    I tried something new for me baking yeast breads in my outdoor "kitchen"
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your altered bottle is so beautiful!
    Happy T-Day Darla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty bottle all spruced up! My list of things to try or play with is never ending:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy trying new things and I experimented with a new technique on my journal page on my T Day post 😁. Your bottles look so pretty with the flowers and patterns, and you created such a clean finish with the white spray paint that they look like pottery! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you at tea, Darla. What's the internet problem? I hope it has been resolved, but maybe it's just because of where you are. The bottle is lovely. The green acrylic dots really add a lot.

    I've tried quite few new things lately. I tend to jump around from craft to craft like a grasshopper. Lately, I've been playing with making my own stencils using an electronic cutting machine.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Painting the bottles is such a good way to keep them from going to waste. And the napkin flowers! I'd never have thought of that cool idea :)

    Nothing new here, but I'm enjoying the old stuff ;)

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you decorated the bottle. That's a cool idea and a good way to recycle something that otherwise would go into the trash. Very pretty painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. creativity is magic turns ordinary things into awesome objects !!!

    ReplyDelete