Monday, September 25, 2017

Neighborhood walk - 9/25/17


Even though I haven't blogged about it for quite some time, I continue to go for my morning walks.  My routes haven't changed much but there is a whole lot of street and water pipe repair going on and it seems like construction everywhere.  The views haven't been very attractive.

The 4th Street area remains quite nice.


Planters all along the sidewalks.


It is obvious that a landscaper is on duty keeping everything clean and fresh.


Did you spot the bench?  Sometimes I take a little break there.  I like to sit and people watch for a few minutes.

The weather here in the morning is perfect for walking.  Have you been out and about lately?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful planters. Well, we have been walking around our new house every day seeing what has been done! A week or so ago I went hiking at Chimney Rock State park and around part of Lake Lure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those container plantings are wonderful additions to the public space, as is the bench :) We're still having summertime 90+ heat here, but it's supposed to be cooler by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the container plantings. They certainly are well cared for. I'm also in the heat zone right now with daytime temps in the 90+ F range and night time temps in the mid 80s F. No walking for me. The humidity will get me even if the heat doesn't. You are very lucky to live in such a temperate zone year round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The planters look lovely in their Autumn colours Darla. I have been walking along the creek as always, but every day is different - wildlife and different things in flower. We are having a record heatwave here - hottest Spring ever recorded! Only a week ago it was cold - the world has gone mad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The planters are lovely. I'd need several benches to be out walking--LOL! We've got chilly fall weather but only a few days ago it was like a sauna again for a few days. Fall is definitely here, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The planters look great. Mine are getting to the end of the season and the plants all look a bit brown and leggy.

    ReplyDelete