Monday, April 11, 2022

Tea Stands for Tuesday 4/12/22

Hello friends,  I'm always happy when I can show up for the tea party at  Elizabeth's blog

I've been away without wifi for awhile.  It means I have more time for art though.  I'm on a book making journey.  Not big bound books, little booklets I guess I'd call them.  Here is my first experiment making a booklet using envelopes tucked together.  Some long time ago I bought what I thought was a package of blank cards but it ended up being a package of 4x5 envelopes so I had them handy.


Front of booklet.  I used a napkin and a pencil stroke here or there



These pages are bits of gelli plate prints I made earlier



The bird is stamped on an ATC and tucked into an envelop "pocket".  Over that is a teabag, just attached at the top so it kind of floats when you open the page.  The right side is a copy of an old postcard and some more gelli print bits.



The back of the book has a smaller napkin piece and the yellow is a gelli print I made using a stencil.




This is the book standing up.  And if you squint you can see my water bottle behind everything.  Had to squeeze in my drink.

The booklet isn't quite finished.  I may use it as a birthday card with a special message for someone or perhaps write a quote I - a few words on each page.  

I like trying new things and hope you enjoyed my booklet process.








16 comments:

  1. Good evening, I am really loving your little book made with envelopes-I need to try this out and see how this goes together. Thanks for sharing I really like it Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little book!!! Fun to make them isn't it?

    Happy T-day! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that water bottle, and your book came out fantastic Darla. I love the idea of using envelopes. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty booklet and I loved how you used the envelopes - amazing 😁. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little book! Are the envelopes still open? I mean would you be able to put other things in it too?
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful little book Darla, and i love how you made the pages from envelopes. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your booklet. I have made one like that but haven't decorated it yet. Thanks for the ideas. Sorry about your wireless. It sure messes us up when we don't have it. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darla i see your water bottle!!! lol Envelopes are just so darn handy aren't they? Love what you 've done with them. Happy happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely. Glad you had time for art, sorry about the wifi. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great piece and I like how you used your gelli prints, napkins, ATCs - good use of all your supplies. I like the idea of adding quotes or a few words per peage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a sucker for little books. Anything in book form is something I am drawn to. I loved seeing what you made and I am sure whoever receives it will treasure it.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have been here sooner, but I've been stuck with my new tax man most of the day. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

    Love the little envelope book. Nice way to recycle, too. It is a great little book and I am really so very happy you shared it with us, too. I love the napkin, which shows what a decorator napkin can do. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty, along with your bottle of water (which I saw) with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your envelope book is so pretty. Coincidentally, I'll teaching 8 - 10 year olds how to make a book out of envelopes. I love making small books. So much fun. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how cute! My "bookcards" are really like little booklets I write letters in. These are a more like an art journal version. What a great idea. Sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete