Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tea Stands for Tuesday 4/19/22

When Tuesday comes around it means it is time for a Tea Party at Elizabeth's blog.  She has an interesting post this morning so check it out. 

Edit:  OOPS, I found out I left the wrong link for my page but have corrected that.

In the Before Time (pre pandemic) I used to be faithful about going for a walk most days.  It is time I returned to that practice.  Slowly, not as far and not as often to begin with.

I like to walk to Peet's to get my coffee.  They offer you a free cup of coffee when you buy your beans.  I take my coffee across the street, sit on a bench and people watch for a bit.  A nice break before heading home.




I will leave you with some poetry this morning.



Talk about Walking

By Philip Booth 

Where am I going? I'm going
out, out for a walk. I don't
know where except outside.
Outside argument, out beyond
wallpapered walls, outside
wherever it is where nobody
ever imagines. Beyond where 
computers circumvent emotion,
where somebody shorted specs
for rivets for airframes on 
today's flights. I'm taking off
on my own two feet. I'm going
to clear my head, to watch 
mares'-tails instead of TV,
to listen to trees and silence,
to see if I can still breathe.
I'm going to be alone with 
myself, to feel how it feels
to embrace what my feet
tell my head, what wind says
in my good ear. I mean to let
myself be embraced, to let go
feeling so centripetally old.
Do I know where I'm going?
I don't. How long or far
I have no idea. No map. I 
said I was going to take
a walk. When I'll be back
I'm not going to say.

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem. And glad you're able to get out on your walks again. People watching is one of my favorite things to do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking to buy Peet's must be nice, and I love your idea of people-watching on a bench afterwards :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking and am back into it more now that winter has passed. Loving the poem today too. Hope you get to keep walking. esepcially to Peet's, and have a happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back to walking too and get myself moving more again
    that is awesome you go right to Peets for coffee-love that
    unless you have changed it-the link on T for you goes back to the T post and not to you
    Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of walking to get a warm drink. People watching is so satisfying and an enjoyable way to spend ones time.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a thought provoking poem. It is truly lovely.

    You and Divers talk about Peet's, but we don't get that here. Just Starbucks and Members Mark at Sam's. Thanks for sharing your people watching, your lovely poem, and your Peet's coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice you are out and about. How can you pass up free coffee? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love taking walks like that. I meander all over the place and find a lot of interesting places I never knew existed! Love the poem. Happy t Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great you have a fun place to walk to get your coffee. I would be 22 miles there and back for me to walk to the first coffee place. I could walk to my daughters house in less than 100 steps so I guess that will have to do. Love the poem too! Happy Tday, Darla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great place. I should do that, too, sit, watch, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you get both your walk, and coffee:). happy belated T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love walks in the park and outside and people watching. That looks like a great cup of coffee, what a great marketing deal
    Bridget #20

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got the right link in the end. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete