Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tea Stands for Tuesday 3/8/22

 I'm keeping with my Alice in Wonderland theme from last week.  This image is from The Graphics Fairy site.  One of my favorite places to look at free clip art.



Alice in Wonderland.  Graphic Fairy site.  

We have a bit of wonderland going on here at home among our grape vines.  A few weeks ago DH spotted a tiny hummingbird nest with two eggs.



And this week we can see two tiny chicks barely fitting in the nest.


I feel like it is such a privilege to watch this process.  Sometimes nature restores my faith in the world and its doings.

Now bring your morning drink and join me at the Tea Party at Elizabeth's blog.  Always something interesting going on there. 







12 comments:

  1. beautiful post-loved seeing the hummingbirds-I have never seen baby hummingbirds-at the woods house we fed allot of hummers Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful illustration. The hummingbirds are amazing. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow- I am in awe of the hummingbirds and nest discovery!!! How I would love to find one too as they are my totem bird and a huge joy to watch. Where are you that you have them already? Ours won't appear in NE PA til late April to early May. Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the S.F. Bay Area we have hummingbirds year round. More active in the spring and summer but we see them all years.

      Delete
  4. Your image is beautiful Darla, but those baby hummingbirds are amazing. I've never been able to spot a hummingbird nest, nor babies, and so you have a real treat. Thanks for sharing and happy T day plus the week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve heard that hummingbirds make stretchy nests so the babies can grow. I don’t remember the details. I think your nest is doing that.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to witness this! Nature always helps and calms me better tha anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely illustration of Alice. It is always fun to observe nature.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the Graphics Fairy site, too. How precious to have been able to see the baby hummingbirds. Great post for t day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely vintage art - love the Graphics Fairy. The birds are precious - what a great find and yes, a blessing too. Happy T-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting to find this little treasure - then to watch the hummingbird babies hatch. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love The Graphics Fairy. So many wonderful images to use. The nest and chicks are so adorable. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete