Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Second on the Second 3/2/22

 Harking back to September of 2015   I haven't been out walking since before Covid came along. In fact, I have been in bed for the last three weeks.  Things are improving I hope to be able to get back into walking one day soon.  Time is taking its toll.


September 2015

 By now everyone knows I go out walking every morning.  Walking gives me lots of time to think, to look, to imagine.  Here are a few things that caught my eye on a recent walk.




I like shabby old fences.  I particularly like the points on these pickets.  I wonder why those vertical parts are pickets.  Anyone know?




This planter bed is in a commercial part of my walk.   I like the texture and imagine someone placing all those pieces of stone just so.  Another question.  What kind of stones are they?  The word "shale" comes to mind but I really haven't a clue.  Do you?



I spotted these very colorful animal figures in a window I was passing.  Hard to capture just how bright the colors were, too much glare on the window.  The shop carries a mixture of items, many imported.  I wonder what the country of origin was for these,



Last but not least I stopped at my favorite coffee shop to buy a pound of beans.  When you buy beans they give you a free cup of coffee.  Usually I drink my coffee black but this time I decided to follow Elizabeth's example and add half and half.  I took my coffee to a nearby bench and settled in for some people watching,

Thanks for looking at an old post from my previous blog.  Now go with me to Elizabeth's blog to see what others brought back for another viewing.



4 comments:

  1. You see some interesting things on your walk Darla. I walk in the country and some days I would like to walk through a more developed place. Thanks for sharing. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, slate? I like the texture, too. Thanks for the second look. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that post. I can't believe it's been that long ago t that you shared it. I was going to suggest slate, but I see Sharon has already done so. This was a fun look back, but I am sorry to read you have been bed ridden for three weeks. Thanks for this great second look on the 2nd, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Darla, it must be nice to go past shops on your walk. I see the creek and the park but we are miles from the shops! The coloured birds and animals are so bright and pretty, and look Mexican to me. Coffee is the answer to everything :)

    ReplyDelete