Friday, October 2, 2020

Second on the Second 10/2/2020

 Every month Elizabeth  at Altered Book Lover ssuggests we bring an old post back for a second look.  I chose this one because I like the autumn colors.  


MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2011

Wet Canvas - Pears

This is my third experiment with acrylics.  In September an Annual Pear Festival takes place in one of the small towns by the lake in the mountains. That was the inspiration for this piece.


9x6 mixed media acrylic

A map of the area, recycled tea bag papers, tissue paper and paper napkins were all used in creating this piece and it was painted with acrylics

This is the last of the set of three canvas boards that I bought. I'm not sure if I will continue this experiment or not. It has been a learning experience for me in any case.


8 comments:

  1. I love this piece. There's so much that pleases the eye - the colors, the textures, etc. Thanks for sharing (again). I must have missed it the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 feels so long ago. That's a lovely piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Happy second on the 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you shared this Darla. What a gorgeous piece. Happy second on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be senile, but I believe I remember that entry. I absolutely LOVE it still. You made a frame worthy mixed media painting and I hope you have it displayed proudly in either your home in SF or in the house by the river. Thanks for sharing it with us as your second look on the 2nd, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well worth showing again Darla. I love pictures of pears, and this one is very gorgeous indeed. Thank you for showing us again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I know it's second time round but I never saw it the first time.
    I love how the map of the area shines through, and the pears themselves are beautifully painted. A delight!
    Thank you.
    Happy Second of the second,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful and great reminder of the festival.
    I have been speaking to one of my sons who told me he has had a bumper crop of pears this year from the tree in his garden!
    Stay safe, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete