Monday, October 19, 2020

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 10/20/20




Welcome and try not to trip over the dust bunnies.  I really have had other things to do lately.  There is always time for a cup of tea though.





To begin with, I've been wearing this heart monitor for nearly 2 weeks.  It is to check arythmias.  If any of you are familiar with the Holter monitors with all their leads and connections you will agree this is amazing new technology.  The whole thing fits in the palm of my hand and records every single heart beat for up to two weeks.  I'm impressed.  Once I'm done I put it in the provided box and mail it back to the company who produces a report for my physician.





In an effort to entertain myself, and remain calm, I decided to drink my tea and knit a dishcloth.  I dug into my yarn stash and found some cotton yarn that seemed to reflect the season.  Here's the pattern, it is familiar to most knitters and an easy thing to make for those new to knitting.

Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth

Designer: Unknown
The cloth in this photo was stitched by Joyce Skeens. Thanks to Knitting Exchange for letting me post it on this site.
Rating: Easy

Materials: Sugar and Cream yarn; Size 6 or 7 needles (US)
Instructions:
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1: Knit 4
Row 2: Knit 2, yarn over, knit across the row.
Repeat Row 2 until you have 44 stitches on the needle.
Row 3: Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit to the end of the row.
Repeat Row 3 until you have 4 stitches on the needle.
You can now either bind off or do a round of single crochet and make a little loop of chain stitches in one corner so you can hang the cloth to dry when you are finished using it.

That's my report.  Now I'm off to join the rest of the tea group at Altered Book Blog.  It is always fun to catch up with friends there.

18 comments:

  1. Hi Darla, my husband had that heart monitor too last year-technology is amazing for sure. good luck with it all.
    I agree always time for tea-hugs Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing technology indeed. My Niece (10 yo) has Diabetes 1 and I was astonished how small her device is, too.
    Hope all is well, heart-wise, happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that other people don’t care if my house is clean, but sometimes I feel that they motivate me anyway. Now with nobody visiting I have trouble getting around to cleaning. So I like your motto.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had heart arythmeia for a awhile and they discovered it was my thyroid. So I get this wonderful new technology. Hope it shows perfect heartbeats. And your dust bunnies wouldn’t bother me. With 3 dogs it seems like once I vacuum they immediately reappear- smile. Happy T day Darla. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. How far the medical equipment has come in that it is so less intrusive and bulky. I hope you get the best results possible. I can't knit but my Mom does so I have her make me dishcloths(much better than buying them!)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well with your test, Darla. I had this about three years ago and it was fascinating that a thing that small could accumulate so much information. Watch your mailbox...sent something yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is so convenient with the heart monitor. Hope everything is OK with you. Tea and knitting how much more calm can you get. I really like these colors. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get good results from your test. Your yarn does look like just the thing for Autumn :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to wear one for irregular heart beats in the early 2000s. They said it was nothing to worry about so I took them at their word and I am still here--LOL! That is much smaller and more convenient! Nice!

    Happy knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Technology is amazing. I have dust bunnies running around as well at the moment. your dishcloth will be pretty with the colors you chose. ~ Blessings for your health and on the week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right before I was going to leave you a message, I got up to get coffee. When I did, I must have hit my computer screen because when I got back, my screen was black. I even rebooted and tried the little lights that adjust the screen. I was sick about it, but waited until today when I could see better what was going on. I finally found I had accidentally unplugged one of the cords that hooks the screen to the hard drive box. I am so glad I didn't need a new computer screen.

    I adore the colors of your dishcloth. They are beautiful. I've never seen a heart monitor before, but technology has come a long way in practically no time at all. If it works, and keeps you safe and healthy, that is all that counts.

    I love your lovely drawing of the tea. I should put that in my kitchen as a reminder. Thanks so very much for joining in for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a smart piece of technology! The colours and pattern of your knitted dishcloth is gorgeous, I love the autumnal theme - perfect 😀. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you are drinking tea n=and knitting to keep calm. Such a great excuse to ignore those dust bunnies. Don't worry, they aren't going anywhere. Hopefully, you will get a great report from your cardiologist. At least it is not restrictive. Can you shower with it? I looks like you can.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Technology is amazing. Good to keep yourself busy with knitting and a nice cuppa. As Kate said, the dust bunnies will wait. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that tea sentiment! And how perfect for Tea Day. I hope this amazing technology gives you a good report! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a BIG improvement over the Holter monitors! I have arrhythmias too. Good luck with your results.

    Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. What amazing technology! I hope it shows good results, but if it doesn', the doctors will be able to study the results and get the right treatment for you.
    Your dishcloth looks lovely. I used to have crocheted dish cloths that my cousin used to make. I might have to start doing some this winter. I like the colours in the photo. (Yours?)
    I also like the fact that you knit and drink tea to keep calm. In my mind's eye I can see " Keep calm and... start knitting".
    Sorry for the late comment,
    Have a good week,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Knitting is a good calming activity - looks great too! Love the quote! Sorry to be so late! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete