Sunday, August 2, 2020

Second on the Second 8/2/2020

It is time to get together at Altered Book Lover blog on the 2nd of the month when Elizabeth asks us to give and old post a second viewing.  Here is  what I chose to share with you.  It was previously posted to Elizabeth's Tea Party nearly 5 years ago.  I do enjoy Altered Book Lover!

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 11/3/15

Time once again to join the Tuesday Tea group over at Elizabeth's blog

Recently I was sorting through my pile of old postcards.  Not exactly a collection, more an accumulation of post cards.  I know that some of the regulars at our Tuesday Tea are postcard makers and collectors.  I thought I"d share one of mine
.



Satisfied?  Why shouldn't I be
The whole darned thing suits me to a T.


Dear Paul,

Hope you are having lots of fun for I am enjoying myself.  I get three meals a day and don't have to cook them.

Love from your tormentor.

The post card was mailed from Leaburg Oregon sometime in 1940.  

The card always makes me smile when I read it, hope it made you smile too.

4 comments:

  1. This is a fun card. It made me smile, too. It is SO funny for the time period. Thanks for this second look on the 2nd, dear Darla. It's fun looking back at this because I had forgotten it. Seems there was a lively conversation about the relationship between Paul and his tormentor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darla, yes the card made me smile too. What a way to sign off: 'Your tormentor.' What fun and I wonder what their story was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun look back at this fabulous card! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete