Thursday, July 30, 2020

Let's discuss fashion

I'm not really interested in fashion in terms of what to wear myself.  I do find it interesting in the context of culture.  What was worn when.  



This is admittedly long but I enjoyed it on two levels.  The music and dancing was lovely.  The fashions were interesting.  I did run it a second time with the music off so I could really concentrate on the fashion.

My thoughts were:  1) The overall look, all the white headscarves and buttoned to the neck tops reminded me of "The Handmaidens Tale" for some reason.  2) The pinafores (or what ever they were with the straps) seemed very work-like attire.  3) I spotted a Shorts Suit.  Isn't that what they were called?  Maybe in the 80's?  Didn't like them then, don't like them now.  4) All the boots seemed to echo the "down to business" feel of the collection to me.  At least the models weren't tottering around of heels that would be pretty useless in most situations.

Let me know what you think,

4 comments:

  1. I loved the dresses. They were mostly any thing I would wear EXCEPT for those ugly corset like vests or whatever they were from the bust to the waist. If those were gone, all the dresses would be perfect. I might have enjoyed the short sets or the pants a few years ago, but not now. I REALLY liked the boots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hauntingly beautiful collection. The dancing and music - a story was being told, but it was difficult to figure out what - other than the death of one of them. The clothes were gorgeous - for the most part. I loved the flowing long skirts, the beautiful fabrics, the fact that they walked like normal people rather than the cat-like crossover feet and hip thrusting of the usual fashion show. This was really breathtaking. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a fashion show staged like this, but my experiences are few and limited to the down and back/one model at a time "thing". This was more fun to watch. I like the long, loose dresses. The more practical shoes seem like a great move to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete