Friday, November 1, 2019

Art for Dia de los Muertos

This was created some time ago and may have been shown before.   I pulled the talisman out for a bit of seasonal decoration and thought I would share it this morning.

Día de los Muertos is widely celebrated in the Latin community here.  I made a talisman to recognize the day in my own way.



I think if you click on the picture you can enlarge it.

l used a  tin can lid, pull tabs, scrap paper and some beads. I actually found this string of beads in the gutter - maybe it was originally a bracelet. Anyhow, I knew I wanted to use them in some way.

Have you found anything interesting laying in the street lately?

3 comments:

  1. I love how you used found objects. I sometimes see interesting bits in parking lots but nothing as cool as your beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darla you are very clever,lovely finish my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't see it celebrated up here in NH hardly at all. I bet it would be interesting to see. Cool talisman Darla. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete