Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 4/23/19

I am squeaking in this Tuesday morning.  Wasn't sure I'd make it.  So many of our days are spent at the river this time of year and there is no internet connection there.  I hate to miss a Tuesday with Elizabeth and everyone though.




I'm drinking coffee this morning but this is the tea I'll be drinking later.  I sometimes like a change.

You may remember I painted a box earlier this month in preparation for making a mixed media assemblage.  


Here is where I am with it.  Nothing is glued down.  I have many other bits and pieces to add.  That is a paper napkin in the background.  


This is the very early stage of the outside.  The first coat of the box was yellow, then a light pink, then a wash of antique white.  I plan to sand the outside giving it an aged look and hopefully some of those layers will show through.

The box is at the River House and I'm by the Bay so who knows when I will be able to work on it again.  That's ok.  Things will be good and dry.

Be sure to visit Elizabeth's blog.  Bring a drink and show us what you have been doing.


13 comments:

  1. Can't blame you for wanting to enjoy your place by the Bay as much as you can. Your tea is something I would enjoy too. Your assemblage is looking beautiful! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your little box turned out. A thoughtful diarama (sp?) with lots to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No internet connection would cramp my style ;) but I'm sure I'd get over it if I had a place like yours at the river. Your diorama looks like it will be lovely. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Darla - left FB so I'm checking you out here - that box is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it to T, Darla. The assemblage looks very promising. I'm sure the base colors will show through after sanding. That sounds lovely.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea looks delicious, I would love to try a cup 😉. It looks like you are having fun creating your mixed media project too, it's looking fabulous! Happy T Day wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for being so late visiting. After being out all day, I came home the second time very late, expecting to get on the internet and leave comments. However, what happened was I fell asleep and just woke a short time ago. The boys were so needy and I laid down with them just for a second. That turned into at least five hours. Now I'm in catch up mode.

    Love that tin of tea. I can see using that in art, too. SO glad you joined us. I miss you when you are gone.

    Your assemblage is turning out great. I LOVE the idea of the altoid tin on top of an empty spool of thread. What a very, very clever idea and such great recycling, too. Remind me to copy that idea (grin).

    Thanks for sharing your tea and your still unfinished assemblage with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mixed Media Assemblage looks beautiful already and your tea is something I would enjoy too.
    Happy T-Day!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good afternoon, thank you so much for dropping by my post.
    I love your mixed media box! what herbs etc is in the tea? thanks
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a fabulous mixed media project.
    Your tea brand sounds good.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The box is coming along nicely and looks lovely. I like the tea tin. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy T day Darla. I like how your box is looking. And enjoy those nice days by the river. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your creativity, Darla. I think this will become a very beautiful piece of art. Enjoy those days at the river.

    ReplyDelete