Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 10/31/23

Good Morning friends.  I'm starting the morning off with a cup of coffee and a cranberry orange muffin.


I've been reading quite a bit lately.  I enjoyed this book very much.


Diane Setterfield
 

Setterfield sets the tale along the banks of the River Thames in 1887. True to our own history, this time is rife with superstition and folklore, tales of ghosts and fortune-telling.  It fits the Halloween season.



I'm including this very old scrap paper/ink drawing.  She still makes me smile and I hope she does the same for you.  

Be sure to visit Elizabeth's blog and see what Spooky Things are taking place at the tea party

7 comments:

  1. That muffin looks and sounds delicious. I like that girl's attitude :) She's gonna have fun tonight, isn't she! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mug! A muffin sounds like the perfect accompaniment. Love your sketch.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little trick-or-treater looks cute. We just gave away a whole lot of candy to kids who looked like that and to some that were much smaller and some that were quite grown-up.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds great for the Halloween season. I need to add it to my list. I've been baking more now, and I am also going to add cranberry orange muffins to my list. Yours look so yummy. I hope it was a great Halloween and T day Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I love your Nana Banana mug. That cranberry orange muffin sounds perfect for this time of year, too.

    Your book sounds perfect for Halloween. That certainly was a period of superstition and folklore. I haave always loved your adorable paper dolls you draw and this sweet one also makes me smile. Thanks for sharing her, your book, muffin, and coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla. Happy Halloween, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cup of coffee sounds great -but I could do without a muffin.
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Halloween to you Darla. The drawing is very cute, and perfectly captures the mood. Our tiny newest grandchildren (aged 3,3,1) were costumed and taken out with their parents to collect candy. I think they had a wonderful time. The book looks interesting, perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete