Monday, October 2, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday 10/2/23

 Here we are in October.  I have missed everyone and am very happy to be able to join the Tea Party today.  


my tea ticket

I've spent more time with medical professionals lately than I'd like.  Among other things, I had cataract surgery recently and my world is so much brighter.

Knitting has served as my creative outlet.  Here's a baby blanket I'm working on.  Perfectly displayed for you on the top of my dryer.  Presentation is important but sometimes it is a  case of use what you have, or what you can get to,  Lol




I am using Berrroco yarn in Vintage. a machine washable acrylic/wool blend.  The pattern is from the Purl Soho site and it is what is called a mosaic stitch.

That brings me pretty much up to date.  I am anxious to catch up with my friends on Elizabeth's Blog.

* not my artwork - not sure where I found it.






11 comments:

  1. That cartoon is great, and perfect for T. And your blanket is looking great. I bet it is easier to knit now that you can see better. Happy October and Happy T day Darla. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby blanket, Darla. It will be cherished. I am glad your cataract surgery went well, and it lets you keep on stitching and drawing. I too have cataracts but at this stage not needing removal, though I am apprehensive about when that day comes! Do hope you are feeling well these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely laughing at the doctors who think the lady drinks too much tea. I found that hilarious.

    That's a beautiful baby blanket. I think it will be loved by the recipient when older and the baby's mother now.

    Nice to read your cataract surgery went well. Brighter days are here to stay. Thanks for sharing this fun post with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun entry and big YAY to good doctors!!! Welcome back and some baby will be happy and treasure this blanket forever!
    Sadly this is no German tradition. Wish I had something like it.
    Happy T-Day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cartoon, but love your knit work more. Super pretty!!!

    Glad you got through your surgery well and things are better. Welcome back.

    Happy t-day, Darla. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you are talking about with the medical. It has been a tough year for that. Hope you are doing well now. Yes, isn't cataract surgery amazing? your blanket is beautiful. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blanket and the colors. Glad you're enjoying the change in eyesight that the surgery brings. It made such a difference when I had it done, too. Good to see you back here posting again. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, the cartoon is funny.
    I'm so pleased you've had your cataract operation. Do you now have to wait to the your other eye done?
    Oh, your blanket is amazing! It's a really gorgeous stitch. The recipient will treasure it no doubt.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun cartoon lol I'm glad your surgery went well. The blanket is so sweet! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cartoon is too funny. Glad to hear your world is brighter after the cataract surgery. The blanket is so pretty and a lovely color. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember my SIL telling me that having her catteracts removed was the best thing she had done. I love the baby blanket. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete