Monday, June 19, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday 6/19/23


Things are broken around here.  I did drink some mandarin orange and ginger tea earlier though.


 


Three days ago I was t-boned in an intersection.  The driver of the other car had a stop sign, I did not.  It was on a city street about 6 blocks from home.


Police, firemen and ambulance all showed up.  Several people came out of their houses to see if I was ok.  I was badly shaken but nothing worse.   I was seen in ER and the next day by my own doctor.



The car was totaled according to insurance and several pro's say I'm lucky to have walked away from it with no serious injuries.  Of course I'm left with the aftermath of insurance and trying to decide about another car.

That's my rather unhappy report.  I'm heading to the Tea Party at Elizabeth's to cheer myself up.







10 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! You sure had a guardian Angel (how come blogger lets me comment again?).
    Hope the insurance stuff gets smooth. Was that other driver drunk?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very scary! Just looking at the car makes it clear you were lucky to walk away without serious injury. Good luck with all the aftermath!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Darla. Your car does look totalled. And it sounds scary. I'm very glad to hear you are OK, and that certainly makes it a happy T day. Take care and good luck car shopping. (That is never very fun in my opinion though.) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So glad you are safe. The aftermath is often much worse than the accident. Finding a new car these days is no fun. Hoping you have good luck with insurance and cars and drink glasses (and everything else) after having a bout of bad luck. Keep us posted on what car you get next! Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I am so glad you are OK. Yes, this could have been very serious. I'm afraid dealing with insurance is the worst part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about tis - no wonder you were badly shaking, who wouldn't? But I'm glad that you weren't injured, that certainly is extremely good. Dealing with insurance can be such a pain, I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read about the accident. Seems sometimes the aftermath is worse than the accident itself. I hope you weren't too sore as a result. You truly WERE lucky, dear Darla.

    Sorry your glass broke, too. Let's hope things are better next week and your insurance is good when it comes to getting a new car. Thanks for sharing both broken wrecks with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for broken car. Yes, aftermath with insurance is almost as fun as the accident itself. LOL I am glad you are ok. Tea is always a good way to cheer up. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, poor you and your car. Glad to hear you were shaken, but not stirred. Hopefully, your insurance company will make things go smoothly so you can get a new car. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sorry to hear this, Darla, though relieved you weren't seriously hurt. It's always a mess to deal with insurance companies and their perpetual attempts to avoid paying what things are actually worth. Sending hugs and hope that things go smoothly and you are back with wheels soon.

    ReplyDelete