Monday, June 12, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday 6/12/23

Hello everyone,



I"m enjoying some green tea in my newest mug.  Another "Nana Cup" for my collection.  A gift from the Great Grands this time.  DH picked some lemons from our yard but lemon in green tea just sounds wrong so I will save them for later.

Yesterday was Knit in Public Day..  I took my knitting to the park but no one seemed to notice, LOL!  I finished this pair of fingerless mitts though.


This pattern/method  is about as simple as it gets.  I'm trying to use up a bunch of small amounts of yarn left from projects.  It is hard to see but the mitts are grey until just above the thumb and then the top is a dark wine,  

My exchange went in the mail last week.  

I'm heading to Elizabeth's blog now.  Hoping to catch up with everyone.




 

6 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law always loved to use up odd bits of yarn, but I don’t remember her making any mitts like yours, which really look nice. She loved to make traditional afghan squares with odd bits of yarn.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fingerless mittens look amazing Darla, and that's a nice new mug. And I love how you can pick your lemons too. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have a lemon tree. I have a new tea that I am drinking that is green tea and lemon. It is an interesting flavor, though not my favorite. I have a whole pound so hopefully I can get through it.
    Your knit is beautiful! I always wanted to make wearable knits but every time I have tried it has been a disaster with much frustration. I will admire your work instead.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to use leftover yarn pieces. Those mitts are pretty cool. Oh, how wonderful it would be to have a lemon tree! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is your Nana cup and your fingerless glove. How fun you knitted in public. When I did art in the city on art in the city day, no one noticed either. We should get signs next time - lol! Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun new mug. I love your sunny, yellow, lemons and sunflowers. Fun to knit in public. I love fingerless gloves and wear them during the Winter as my hands are always cold. I crochet and don't know how to knit. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete