Monday, April 3, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday 4/4/23

 The sun is shining and it is time to join Elizabeth for the first tea party in April.



(internet photo)

I'm currently drinking coffee in a mug you've seen too often,  If I were drinking tea I'd like it in one of these cups.  Perhaps not the middle one.  When I look at it I see two eyes peeking over the cup underneath.  Ok.  Maybe I need to get off the caffeine, Lol


1
walnuts from our property

We have a really big old walnut tree on our river property.  One of the neighbors said he'd harvest all the nuts for us if he could keep half.  I thought that was a good deal.  Little did I know he was going to shell them and give me beautiful walnut halves.  We got this jar full plus a gallon bag more.  I gave the  bag of them to my daughter.



candied walnuts


I made candied walnuts for the first time.  They were delicious;  One batch used  3 cups of walnuts so I may go through that jar quicker than I think.

What would you do with so many walnuts?


14 comments:

  1. That is a good deal that your neighbor even shelled those walnuts for you. And I love how you have a walnut tree. Enjoy your favorite mug of coffee. Those tea cups are pretty too. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was a good deal-let him do all the hard work and get half back-I love fresh nuts.
    I see two eyes too haha Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walnuts are a great ingredient in many cakes and coffee cakes, though that’s a challenging way to use them up! Your neighbor was really thoughtful!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great deal and your neighbour had done a lot! Great that you have a walnut tree. Here in Singapore, we eat walnuts imported from other countries.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is some nice neighbor!!
    Oh, I would probably rather bake a bread with those.
    Those cups... no. Way too fragile for my clumsy hands.
    When I was in Emden they offered me tea ins such Frisian tea-cups. Boy, I had a very hard time ;-)
    Enjoy teh nuts and Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful and delicate cups. I also see eyes, but didn't until you pointed them out.

    You got a good deal from your neighbor. There are tons of recipes that use walnuts and they are great mixed with pecans and raisins, too.

    Thanks for sharing your candied walnuts and coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you didn't have to pick them or shell them - that is a deal. What a great tree to have - lucky you! Love the cups and I see those eyes too. Happy T-day and have fun using your walnuts! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cups are pretty :) I like walnuts plain, spiced, or candied. Having your own nuts must make it even better. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow we used to have a few pecan trees that we collected the nuts.. some went to my Mother in law and some we sold and some we ate.. some years they fed the squirrels.. but they never went to waste! Happy t day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cups. The walnuts and the candy look great. However, I'm allergic to walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tea cups are lovely and delicate. I would make candied walnuts as well. YUM! What a nice neighbor!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love walnuts. I eat them in my oatmeal, in a fruit salad, by the handfuls! I bake with them, too. I know, I am quite nutty! LOL Happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly got a good deal there if your neighbor cracked all your nuts.
    I use a lot of walnuts in my cakes and breads. Also for breakfast on my muesli.
    Belated Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like walnuts in my baked good so I'd chop the nuts to use. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete