Sunday, April 2, 2023

Second on the Second 4/2/23

 Good morning friends.  Elizabeth has invited us to bring an old post back for a second look.  Here is one of mine from 2015.  I can no longer take long walks and I miss it.   To see what others are sharing check here.

From 2015:

By now everyone knows I go out walking every morning.  Walking gives me lots of time to think, to look, to imagine.  Here are a few things that caught my eye on a recent walk.




I like shabby old fences.  I particularly like the points on these pickets.  I wonder why those vertical parts are pickets.  Anyone know?




This planter bed is in a commercial part of my walk.   I like the texture and imagine someone placing all those pieces of stone just so.  Another question.  What kind of stones are they?  The word "shale" comes to mind but I really haven't a clue.  Do you?



I spotted these very colorful animal figures in a window I was passing.  Hard to capture just how bright the colors were, too much glare on the window.  The shop carries a mixture of items, many imported.  I wonder what the country of origin was for these,



Last but not least I stopped at my favorite coffee shop to buy a pound of beans.  When you buy beans they give you a free cup of coffee.  Usually I drink my coffee black but this time I decided to follow Elizabeth's example and add half and half.  I took my coffee to a nearby bench and settled in for some people watching,

Speaking of people, why don't you join me at Altered Book Lover and visit the Tea Tuesday party.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this post, right down to the cup of free coffee. I can
    t believe that was nearly eight years ago! How time flies. I always loved how you took us on those morning walks and what questions you would pose along the way. This is a wonderful post to bring back and a definite second look for me. Thanks for sharing this second on the 2nd, dear Darla.

    Looks like I'm getting "Failed to Publish" again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your walk posts from T day. Sorry to hear you can no longer manage them. I bet you do miss them. I would. Happy April Darla. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete