Friday, June 26, 2020

Before we were yours (book)


I've always been a reader but while staying home the last few months I have increased my reading a lot.  Here's one of the books I enjoyed.




The book is historical fiction based on a real-life scandal. Georgia Tann, director of a Memphis-based adoption organization, kidnapped and sold poor children to wealthy families all over the country. Lisa tells their story writing parallel tales, one set in 1939 and one in the present day.

The story moves along well and the fact that it is based on something that actually happened kept me turning the pages to see what was going to take place next.



6 comments:

  1. so sad that this is still happening, thanks for the review I do allot of reading too

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law lent me this book and I am now excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good - will put it on my list at the library (when they open will be able to pick it up) Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of this scandal. I can't believe it could happen right under the noses of smart and RICH people who should know better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Memphis, and this is a horrifying part of our history. The privileged wealthy will always sacrifice the poorer among us to get what they want no matter what it takes :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy Glass did the opposite, she took in kids no one wanted.
    Non-fiction, maybe you´d like reading her stories, too.

    ReplyDelete