Monday, March 2, 2020

Second on the Second - 3/2/20


Good morning friends.  I'm so glad Elizabeth gives us a chance to revisit previous posts on the second of every month.  I tried to pick something in the past as close as today's date as I could.  Please join us here to see what everyone has chosen for a second look.


WEDNESDAY, MARCH 04, 2015


Neighborhood Walk - 3/4/15

Out walking and looking for signs of spring.  I may be rushing the season although on some days recently our weather has felt decidedly spring like.



Here is a flowering vine.   The flowers are a brighter yellow in person.  I think it might be called a trumpet vine.  Very common in our area.


don't have a clue what this is called.  I like the way it grows.  Again, seen fairly often in our area, usually along the edge of the sidewalk as this one is.  Anyone familiar with it?

And last but not least - I spotted this.


PLEASE DO NOT
cut the lovely
white calla
lilies - leave them
for everyone to
enjoy.  Thanks !!

Have a great day and don't pick any flowers from your neighbors yard!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, I loved your choice for the second look this month. we don't have any spring flowers up yet here at the lake. I have trumpet vines at our woods house that I am thinking of digging up a few for the hummingbirds. I loved the sign for calla lilies.
    Happy second on the 2nd hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely flowers! We see a lot of the trumpet flowers on the coast where it is warmer. and the other plant I can't name either, sorry.
    The calla is lovely.The sign made me smile. I have a calla too, but it is not flowering yet this year. I have to be patient. (but it did give me three new large leaves).
    See you tomorrow at the T-Party,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for the second! Spring will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty ~ I love the trumpet flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely walk, it's always great to look for signs of spring. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like your spring weather and photos. It is great to see this post and be inspired since here in NH we still aren't that springlike yet. Hope it was a super March 2. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually remember this post, Darla. I always love your walks. I can tell your climate is so much warmer than mine. Last week, we had snow. It's always great to see the beautiful flowers and I STILL have no idea what that plant is (grin). Thanks for bringing back this second look on the 2nd, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good sign - leave the lilies for everyone to enjoy! Those trumpet flowers are stunning too, what a treat to see them on your walks.

    ReplyDelete