Thursday, March 2, 2017

Second on the Second 3/2/17


I have been disconnected from most things involving a computer for awhile.  In fact I see that it has been a whole month.  A month I'm glad to put behind me I might add.  Nothing like Elizabeth's Second on the Second posts to get me back in the game.

You've no doubt heard about all the rain No CA has received this year.  We are over 200% of normal.  In light of that fact I thought I'd share this post with the umbrella's.  Sorry the photo's are so mall. It is a very old post and the results of either the camera I was using or my lack of tech knowledge, or both.  Hope you enjoy them anyway.

MONDAY, AUGUST 31, 2009

Umbrella's

The following photo's are once again brought to you from the box of mystery people.


This little miss is just precious. Look at that face! Notice the stockings and are those bloomers peeking out from under her dress?



Big Sister seems to be using an umbrella to keep the sun off while little sister is more interested in what's in the bag at her feet.

Please feel free to copy these for yourself. I'd love to see them colorized. I imagine that can be done digitally but I'm not familiar with the process. Maybe I'll print them out and try using colored pencils to do the job. Any ideas or suggestions?

11 comments:

  1. Good morning, enjoyed your photos.
    stay safe and dry
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted Darla, I was beginning to worry about you with all the rain we have gotten this winter. You got more rain and bad weather, than we did here in the southern area. Hope all is well and the river house is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also glad to see you posting!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those photos. We even saw about the rain over there on TV here. Hope things will soon be better. Those photos are so precious! Happy 2nd on the second, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back, Darla. We've missed you. I have wondered just how your River House fared as the Oroville Dam situation happened. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you posting! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was another person who was very worried about you. I have been watching the weather there, and it seemed you went from mountain house fires to river house floods. I sincerely hope it's all behind you now and you and your home away from home is safe.

    These little girls are wonderful. I clicked on them and they enlarged nicely. So, if anyone wants a closer look, all they have to do is click and they will enlarge.

    My friend Joseph lives in the Santa Monica area, in the canyons. His ONLY road out of his home to anywhere was damaged when a boulder slid onto the road recently. He told me it took over an hour to go what should have been FIVE miles, but ended up being over 35 miles of what he called one lane roads that hovered over canyons. Scary, huh! Apparently the state didn't have much interest in removing the boulder, because they had to do geological studies before it could be moved. With more pressing problems in NO California, he was sure it would be awhile before his road got repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard about that rain and I guess it is mostly good with your drought, but all that worry about dams failing and all the washouts, it might be too much of a good thing. :) Loving those umbrella photos. Happy March! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see you back in Blogland, Darla. I had not heard about the floods - apparently this news does not reach Australia, although everything in Washington seems to! It sounds very serious, and I do so hope your river house has been OK, and you are safe and sound. From extreme fires to floods, your area has borne the brunt of extreme weather events. I love the little umbrella girls, and yes they would look good with the tint of colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you back Darla. I hope all is well with you now. I had been wondering where you were.

    ReplyDelete