Wednesday, June 15, 2016

More Thrifted China


As I mentioned yesterday, I'm visiting thrift stores in search of colorful china.  I'm mainly interested in solid colors to make a mismatched set of dishes to serve our meals on but I'm also planning to hang some colorful dishes on the dining area wall.


This is a shallow bowl.  It was priced at $3.99 which is more than I'm usually willing to pay.  However, it is unusual and colorful so it went home with me.


Here you see that back of the piece and get a better feel for the bowl shape.  Notice there at the top of the base rim there are two holes.  Clearly this was meant to hang somewhere.



I found this plate for $1.  It is larger than a saucer but smaller than a dinner plate.  It is marked "World Market" on the back so it isn't old or particularly collectable.  I bought it for the color and design.

Are you seeing a theme here?  I hope so.


8 comments:

  1. Mornin' Darla. Both the bowl and the plate look very similar to the traditional Czech dishes. They are so colorful. Love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first plate reminded me of the Dutch patterns frequently seen in Holland,definitely a theme !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both pretty! I have some decorative plates hanging on kitchen walls also, some we bought in Spain when DH was stationed there in the US Navy 70-73, others collected here and there through the years.

    You did good finding them for good prices.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left a very long comment about the first plate looking more folk art and the second looking elegant, then my computer froze and I lost it. Bottom line: I like both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pops of color and pattern to put on your wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely a theme, and one I love. Your pretty plates remind me of both Italian and Mexican pottery I have seen. Very nice, and good thrift buys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the theme - and it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colorful theme. I do like bright colors, both on the table and on the wall :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete