Monday, July 11, 2022

Tea Stands for Tuesday 7/12/22

Tea Stands for Tuesday is nine years old.  Can you believe it?  Many thanks to our hostess Elizabeth.  Visit her here.


Hope everyone is enjoying mid-July.




Mixed Media 9x12  Scraps of paper and oil pastels


Today's art work is all about using what I have.  I had a 9x12 canvas board I had painted on some time ago.  It was art effort I didn't care for.  I appied a layer of acrylic medium and used a bunch of random scraps to cover the board.  I then applied a very thin wash of white acrylic to knock back some of the brighter colors.  I used oil pastels to create the flowers and to "age" some of the edges.  It was an enjoyable process.

I know the Tuesday Tea Party regulars will have some interesting posts so I'm going to visit Elizabeth's blog and catch up with the activities.

10 comments:

  1. Hi I really like your art piece-thanks for sharing and Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mixed media piece is lovely. Thanks for sharing how you did it. Love the coffee quote. :) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there are lots of techniques for re-using canvas or board for new art works, and I've seen quite a few that are very creative. I like what you did with this idea.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that coffee saying and your art. Such lovely recycling and flowers! Beautifully done. Happy T-day and hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful canvas, Darla. I like how you incorporated book pages with the flowers. It turned out lovely and I hope you hang it with pride.

    I love that quote. It fits me to a T!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful art and your coffee saying with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile at your quote. It's a good start anyway.
    Your art work is beautiful. The book pages in the back ground really make it interesting. Lovely colors too.
    Enjoy your July,
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a lovely piece of art. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the result of your creativity, Darla. It's sort of a muted look but still evokes the essence of the flowers. Lovely. Enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sometimes use old art work that I don't care for and recycle it. Your pieces looks beautiful, I love that you can still see the book pages in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure how I missed this congratulatory sentence on our 9th anniversary, but I did. I even checked every blog and somehow missed the VERY FIRST SENTENCE you wrote. I have corrected that, though with an edit and a SINCERE apology.

    ReplyDelete