Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 1/4/22

internet photo

Good Morning friends.  Lets have a cup filled with roses on this first Tuesday of the  new year.  Maybe later I will have Earl Grey in a cup while I visit Elizabeth and the others  who gather for a weekly tea party.

I have been working on an art book.  I had a nice video saved but can't seem to link it here.  I'm challenged when it comes to technology.  I've fiddled with it but no luck and I'm about to run out of "Tuesday".  So here is a peek at what I created.  It is the best I can do.

Here is the book laid out.  It is based on a long strip of brown paper.  The art is all mine, mostly gelli prints printed on rgular computer paper.  The center pages are sewn in and fairly plain so they could be added to or used for journaling.





I included a number of pockets so things could be tucked in.  I could write a note on the piece of paper tucked into this pocket for instance.


This is the first inside page.  Again there is a pocket.  See the blue folded paper coming out of a somewhat hidden area?


This was my first experiment with this kind of book.  It was fun and I'm sure I will be making another..







12 comments:

  1. I got an error message at FB: "This content isn't available right now. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted." probably because it was shared privately. I share personal photos on FB but have never shared video with my voice. Cool!

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I edited my post. Couldn't figure out the vidwo though

      Delete
  2. It is hard to believe how many people are posting about the challenges and shortcomings of the blogger software recently. I hope you and and all of us soon get things sorted out!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darla. I am loving your book-very clever how it will all fold up-sounds fun to make Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool art book Darla. I like that big pocket. and the Asian pieces. And thanks for that tea cup full of flowers. It's been cold at my house today and flowers remind me of spring. Hope it was a happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your book, I really like using brown paper. Amazon is so helpful in providing a lot of it in their packaging for free so I always take advantage of that lol. Shame about the video but blogger is not very helpful at times. Warm Winter Wishes and Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art book is wonderful! I need to try something like this. The pocket is super idea. Lovely teacup picture you shared too. Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book! Love the variety on the pages. Are these sewn to the brown paper? Pockets with little notes - that will be an additional delight to the readers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ardi, the paper pages in the center are sewn to the long piece of brown paper that makes the back for everything. I realize I don't have a cover of the book either. Dang it!


      Delete
  8. oh what a fun book! I love the collage, pockets and printed pages you used. And the teacup filled with roses is so beautiful. Happy New year, and a happy belated T Day Darla!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm late visiting. I've had no internet or phone since Monday, but stopped by to say I am enthralled by that book you created. I would love to see it even closer. Thanks for sharing T Tuesday with us, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete