Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Second on the Second - 9/2/2020

Today is the day Elizabeth offers us the opportunity to join her and others in reposting something for a second look.  I dug way back for this one.  Candy tins are fun to play with.

EDIT:  I'm not sure it is apparent but this is a necklace.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 07, 2011


Altered Candy Tin




Front of altered tin

I knew I wanted to use one candy tin to make something honoring a friend, a women I admire for going back to college to further her education and making it through graduation.


Inside of altered tin

I'm not sure it is obvious from the photo but the two leg milagros dangle inside the tin.

I always enjoy making art but when I'm creating something with a special person in mind and for a special purpose it enhances the experience.

I've set aside the second tin for the moment but I already have some ideas for working with it.

What do you do with all those empty candy tins?

6 comments:

  1. I swear I remember this one, Darla. It is absolutely incredible and still something that would be relevant today, As always, your incredible hand writing shines. Thanks for sharing this second look on the 2nd.

    To answer your question you posed in 2011, I also use them to make art, only nothing as clever as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this piece you created-would never have thought to make a necklace-so clever! I really love it. Might make a nice way to stash a house key when taking a walk. Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I wish we had tins like that here - or maybe with being Diabetic I don't look hard enough!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm so glad you shared as it is inspiring to see. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete