Monday, August 26, 2019

Tea Stands for Tuesday 8/27/19

Hello.  I've missed everyone but have been online very little of late.  I'm happy to see the party is still going on over on Elizabeth's blog.  Check it out here:  .http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2019/08/t-stands-for-city-bites.html




I was out on my morning walk and happened to see this sign in a window. (BTW, I like their clothes.) I immediately thought I needed it for my Tuesday post.  I had picked up three pounds of coffee and a cup to go so I put those in the shot - and there you have my drink reference for today.



We spent a lot of time on the porch at the river house this summer.  The bench is one DH made and I got the rocker at a thrift shop.


\

Our daughter brought us this sign one weekend when she and her husband came to visit.


You are somewhat forced to relax when you are here.  It is largely and agricultural area and farm equipment is driven up and down the roads at its own - usually very slow - pace.

Hoping to catch up with everyone who makes it to the Tea Party this Tuesday.


15 comments:

  1. Good morning-good to see you-Love the new sign-nice to have slow time in our lives-hugs Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago we traveled through Kansas. One morning we were on a back road - two lanes wide - and met one of thee combines. We hugged our side of the road, they hugged theirs and we managed to pass. As we did, we noticed that the driver of the combine couldn't have been older than about 10 years old! Amazing. Love seeing you back here, Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sign and your porch looks so inviting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely place to relax and enjoy summer. We all need to enjoy the simple pleasures. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect place to sit and relax during the summer. The bench your hubby made is beautiful! Enjoy the last days of summer.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, your porch is perfect! Such a good spot for a cup of coffee :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad to welcome you back, dear Darla. I remember when you never missed a T Tuesday, so was thrilled you returned today.

    Always love your porch at the River House. It's a beauty and I like the minimalist approach, which is SO unlike mine, unfortunately. And of course the sign is adorable, too. I am well aware of slow farm equipment. At least you don't have to put up with the even slower Amish buggies that are on the roads, too.

    I loved your coffee reference today. What a great way to get back into the swing of T Tuesday. Thanks for sharing your time and coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your river house always looks such a relaxing place, a cuppa on your porch would be perfect and I love your river time sign 😁. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That porch looks delightful! I'd love to come and sit a spell. :)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your porch looks like an amazing place to be. Relaxing is not a bad thing. It is way to underrated in the world. You have a beautiful bench there and I like the rocker too. Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. The view from your porch looks lovely, it must be so restful to sit and relax out there.
    Happy but belated T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos. The porch looks like a nice place to relax. Happy T-Day! (Sorry for being late.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the "we're on river time" sign. Love your porch, too. Have a great week as it is too late to say Happy T Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so nice to see you at tea, Darla. The porch at your river house is like something out of a movie. I just want to step in and sit down.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful sign and great porch, so good for resting.
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete