Sunday, December 2, 2018

Second on the Second - 12/2/18


On the second of every month my blogging friend Elizabeth invites us to bring an old post back for a second look.  I have made a few of these snowflakes every year since I discovered them.  They look complicated but are easy if you just follow the directions.  They are a nice big size, something you might hang in a window instead of on the tree.  Be sure to check Elizabeth's blog to see what others consider worth a second look.


FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2012

Making Snowflakes

I know I said I wasn't going to get into Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving.  I did go through some project ideas thinking about what I might like to make this year though.  These snowflakes are on the top of my list.




copy paper snowflake

I made quite a few of these last year. They are made out of regular copy paper, are fairly large and since they are so easy to make I just recycled last years supply instead of trying to figure out how to store them. These are easy. They are cheap. They are fun. Want to make some?

 For written directions click here.

To watch a video click here.  You might want to turn your volume down.

Have fun!

12 comments:

  1. wow your snowflake is gorgeous-thanks for sharing Happy second on the 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Young One made this type of snowflake in math class when she was in high school Thanks for the fun memory. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember making these when I was a child and then again when my kids were little. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made a few of those in years gone by and it was great to be reminded about them

    Happy secong on the 2nd

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this post, Darla and my feeble attempt to make one. Mine didn't turn out a lovely as your, though. Thanks for sharing this post I actually DO remember with us as your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have happy memories of making these snowflakes with my girl friends. I do it every year. (Except this year as we are going abroad and I won't be here).
    Thanks for reminding me how pretty and how easy to make they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my students made one of these several years ago for me, and it is still hanging in my classroom at school. I love seeing yours and reading this post. Happy December. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful snowflake Darla. If I make some, will it chase away some of the extreme heat we have at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Darla I love your snowflake it's so pretty,I am your newest follower I hope you will visit and follow me.
    Thankyou also for the instructions in how to make these lovely snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This idea is very clever and looks simple (maybe not as simple as it looks?). Your own snowflake is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That snowflake looks amazing. Complicated, but you said they're quite easy, so maybe I should try making one. They sure are something different and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete