Thursday, August 25, 2016

Making cards

I attempt to make all the cards I send instead of using commercial cards.  Sometimes I fall woefully behind.  I needed to send a couple of cards so I got out the supplies.



stencil on watercolor card stock

This one was made for a man's birthday.  I find it a little difficult to make cards for men.  No fussy flowers, etc.  I used a small stencil that I've had for ages.  I don't even know where I got it.


watercolor  on  watercolor card stock

You have seen cards similar to this one before.  Made using masking tape and watercolor.  It is an idea I return to because of the abstract quality about it.  It can be used for almost anyone for almost any purpose.

Do you make your own cards?  Do you have a design you frequently use?

8 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your cards, Darla. Yes, I do make my own cards. It's fun to think of the person you're sending it to, find something that just says "them" and putter around putting it all together. I tried the masking tape one, but the watercolor ran under the edge of the tape. Not a pretty look at all. Do you have a special tape you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use teg 1/4 inch masking tape. I press it down pretty good and it doesn't seem to hurt the paper when I remove it.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you. I don't think I could buy a card unless I really really had to. I always make them when I need them, but I don't make cards all the time. I like yours. They're not too busy-just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I don't think I could buy a card unless I really really had to. I always make them when I need them, but I don't make cards all the time. I like yours. They're not too busy-just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a HORRIBLE card maker. My cards always look so childish. I love yours. And I love the fact they can be mailed without additional postage. I've seen cards where they add everything except the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do make quite a few of my own cards, usually using photos I take in my gardens.

    You're right, it is hard to make cards for men.

    Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the tape method! I'll have to try that.

    I make my own cards, but they are pretty sad. I use stamps, watercolor pencils (on non-watercolor paper- those were *really* sad!), colored pencils, printed on the computer... they are almost always Yule cards because, since my aunt died, I no long have anyone I have a snail-mail relationship with!

    The only image I use a lot is a little teensy cat face stamp I put on the back- when I can find the bloody thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember the last time I bought a card. I love super simple cute ideas like these. I am not a fancy cardmaker. :)

    ReplyDelete