Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The *Honey* Cowl - knitting


A week or so ago I posted a photo of my knitting bag and the bag was stuffed with some unfinished projects.  I told myself I had to finish those before embarking on something new. Here's one of those knitting projects off the needles.




*Honey Cowl*  Madeline Tosh pattern, Madeline Tosh yarn in a colorway called Georgia.  Hard to photograph in our winter light and a bit more purple than is showing on my monitor.


The pattern gives a choice of several widths and lengths. The version I chose is 8 inches wide and 32 inches long.  Wrapped around twice it creates a nice turtle neck effect.


A close up shows the colorway and stitch pattern a bit better.

The pattern was easy, the yarn lovely to work with.  That said, I think the honeycomb pattern would show up more in a solid color as pictured in the pattern.  This was a case of choosing the yarn first because I liked it so much and then trying to find a pattern to use it with.  That's probably not the best way to go although I think lots of knitters do it just that way.

I may eventually make this one again in a solid color.

Have you recently finished a project that was on the back burner so to speak or do you finish each project as you go?

10 comments:

  1. The cowl is lovely! I love the colours. I'm also guilty of unfinished projects. But the good news is that I've nearly finished the second sock of the pair that I started knitting about a year ago, but I know there's a quilt in the basement that I started when OlderSon and the Equestrienne bought their house 14 years ago..... and it's still not finished. Uhoh. Better get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Darla. I agree, a solid color would show off the pattern, but this is still very nice and would go with a lot of different outfits. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Darla. So different from anything I would ever make. And having NO NECK, I never wear anything like a cowl. But I assure you, this is a real beauty, even if the pattern doesn't show that well.

    As for unfinished projects, I have several ongoing altered books I'm working in, but my real unfinished project is my 7 Continents AB, which may never be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cowl look, just not on me, but this is really lovely.
    Unfinished projects????? LOL!!! Plus a LOT of good intentions to go with them!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darla,well as I posted on M's blog,sorry did not know you had started to blog,so happy to have found you again:).
    Am off to check out all your previous posts.The blue is so much your colour with the mix of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cowl you made is so pretty, and such a nice color. My girls love to wear scarves during the cold winter months. You did a very nice job.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really try to finish one project before I start another or the thing never, ever gets finished. I either lose interest, or decide I should have done something different and need to start over.

    I have finished nothing lately. I cannot get into my crafts area because firewood has been piled in the way! I have had no handy work to do for months! Arrrggh!

    ReplyDelete