Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday 3/28/23

 Hello Tea Party friends.  It is nearly noon at my house so I'm going to sneak in at the last minute.

I've been drinking lots of tea and saving the tea bags to experiment with in my art.  



Two tea bags, one on top of the other, enclosing a piece of dried flower.  This will be nice for a nature journal.  I will surely be drying some flowers in the future.  I didn't have much dried material to use in my eperiment.



 Here I used square tea bags.  I slit them from the back and put my dried bits inside.  The bags were a darket color and I didn't get all the tea out.




This time I again slit the back and inserted some small stamped and water colored pieces.

All the tea bags were covered/sealed with Golden's mat medium.  I had fun with the idea and will be saving tea bags and dried flowers to try the process again.

That's my tea talk for this Tuesday.  Best hurry over to see Elizabeth's blog before Tuesday is over.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Darla I Loveee your tea bag art-I have done a few journal pages using them-yours are so pretty Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful T bags Darla. I hope you share the nature journal when you make it. Hope it is or was a great T day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love tea bag art - super cool!!! Great experiments, Darla. Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the time you posted, I was on my way to lunch with my friend Sally. It was her birthday and I took her to a place of her choice. I also stopped by the Spice Merchant, but didn't even take my camera in.

    I love, love, love your idea of the tea bag art. It is recycling at its finest and I look forward to seeing more of these wonderful miniature art projects in the near future, Thanks so very much for sharing these beauties with us for T this week, dear Darla. Sorry I am so late visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tea bag art. What a fun idea! Happy belated T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the tea bags. And I like your square tea bags in the picture with the dried flowers. Beautiful.çHappy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, I love your teabag art. Great idea to do a nature journal with them. I drink lots of tea and have saved a lot of bags. Sometimes I stamp on the bags, and sometimes used them in junk journals, but I absolutely love this idea! I think your experiment was a success. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete