Monday, March 6, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday 3/7/23



Hello everyone.  This message seemed most appropriate for my Tea Party friends.  You can find us all hanging out on Elizabeth's blog.  I will be drinking Earl Grey tea but not in this pretty cup,



 I've been trying to sort through various art supplies and my pile of yarn.  I know Elizabeth will support my "use what you have" intentions.  It is so easy to want to go buy the latest thing no matter what you make.

Some larger knitting projects in the past have left partial balls of yarn unused.  And of course different colors and weights.  Combining and using those leftovers can be quite a puzzle.  By combining olive and navy worsted yarn I had enough to make a pair of mittens for DH.  Will he wear them a lot?  Probably not.  Does he love them?  Yes, he does.  He says every stitch of something I make for him is a stitch of love.  That keeps my knitting needles clicking.

We continue to have unusual weather here in CA.  The snow pack in NoCA is nearly two times normal.  Rainfall in our area is already over the amount we normally get in a whole year.  We are fine, our River House is fine (thank you Elizabeth for asking earlier).  

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable day.



14 comments:

  1. Those mittens are wonderful! I read about all that snow in calif-here we are mostly spring like temps but with allot of high winds along with it-well it is March-smiles. Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making mittens from odds and ends of yarn is a great thing to do. My mother-in-law always made all the leftovers into afghans.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty tea cup filled with flowers. So spring like. We have a lot of snow too, but not like parts of California. And I'm with you using up items, but it is sometimes very tempting to get some new materials. Have a happy T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a stunning tea cup with flowers in it. And those mittens are SO well done. You certainly used two great colors, too. Thanks for sharing your husband's new mittens and the teacup and flowers with us for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention I am glad your River home is safe and you are NOT snowed in like they are in SoCal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mittens are perfect for all the cold weather we are having. Earl Gray sounds like the perfect companion on a chilly day.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful. We just had the laundry with socks from Hubby´s Grandma made from rests of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tea cup and wonderful mittens. Always good to be creative and use what you have rather than chasing the FMO. Stay warm and safe. Happy t-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you are all safe there. I have friends near Sacramento, I think, that experienced lots of snow and couldn't get up the hill to their home for awhile! Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The news about your unusual snowfalls has even reached our local TV, Darla. How strange it is. The mittens look absolutely chic and cosy. Well done clever knitter, and lucky hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I love the mittens, especially the color. I have been looking for mittens and they are hard to come by, anyway in my part of the world. Glad things are safe where you are. I'm hoping this crazy weather will end very soon. Have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Parts of the UK have had a lot of snow today, we had several snow showers but nothing settled! I love how you used up your wool, I tend to knit triangular scarves or cowls. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Earl Grey would be perfect in that pretty cup. Wonderful mittens. I like that color combination. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could've sworn I left a comment... Maybe it got caught in your spam folder. Earl Grey tea is my husband's favorite :) Happy late tea day.

    ReplyDelete