Monday, January 23, 2023

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 1/24/23

Hello, once again we have an invitation to Tea with Elizabeth and the party folks.  All you need to do is bring along a drink reference.  First, I'm going to contribute a book suggetion today.

I will admit up front that I am a fan of Kate Atkinson's writing. This book did not disappoint. I truly felt transported to another era while the rain pounded outside my window.



Here is good description from Goodreads.

Shrines of Gaiety

Set in 1926, and in a country still recovering from the Great War, London has become the focus for a delirious new nightlife. In the clubs of Soho, peers of the realm rub shoulders with starlets, foreign dignitaries with gangsters, and girls sell dances for a shilling a time.

Reading about that era put me in the mood for a martini. Will you have one olive or two?





9 comments:

  1. I enjoy learning about books that others read. thanks for the reference. I have never tried a martini. Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fascinating book, Darla. I think it would be an interesting read. I like historical novels and those that include a mystery. I'll take two olives and a pearl onion, please. Thanks for introducing this book to me, as well as your martinis for T this Tuesday, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading books and love to know about new books and different books. This sounds like an interesting book to read. Thanks for introducing it for us too. I don't mind having two olives in a martini...
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have seen several of her books as she is popular right now. I am not into WW 2 books but I have a friend that is that I will suggest this book too.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had a martini. I should try one, and yet I never do, probably because I'd have to buy vermouth and never have. lol Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid i don't know the author or book and i have never had a martini! Thank you for the introduction! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had a martini shaken, stirred, one olive, or two.Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and I'll have two olives please 😊. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an interesting era. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete