Saturday, December 2, 2017

Second on the Second - 12/2/17


For this 2nd time around I dipped way back into my blog files to 2009.  I was recently sorting through some of the many old photos I still have and recalling the ones I had used creatively over the years.  Please join us at Altered Book Lover to see what things are appearing for the second time around.

TUESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2009


Friends Card

Dipping into the box of mystery people once again.


Click on the photo to enlarge it.

This photo has a definite sepia tint, mainly from aging I think. I wanted to stay in that color range with the card.

The ribbon is from the wrapping on my birthday present from  Vallen. I scanned this picture so the ribbon is flat, in real life it flutters a bit of course. I used bits and pieces from my ever growing stash of found papers and paraphernalia for the rest of the card.

Have you written to a friend lately?

8 comments:

  1. Good morning-I love this very much-a great way to use vintage photos very nice
    Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. I like the tones of it - they give it that old-fashioned sweetness. Yes, I've written to a friend lately, in fact several. I'm one of those people who love to send and receive snail mail. Have a lovely weekend. Looks like the weather will be mild. Hope it is for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, Darla, I love this. It is fabulous and I really don't remember it, even though I thought I knew you back then. I love the layering, the photo, and your fabulous handwriting, too. Thanks for sharing this with us for your second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card ! Adorable Darla! Happy Second on the2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I love how you framed the two friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like this card. I love the vintage feel of your whole card! happy weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a nice card. The friends are very cute. Someone must have been pleased with this picture when it was first taken

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely card Darla, a sweet photo made sweeter with the addition of the ribbon in sepia. Love the use of the music too.

    ReplyDelete