Monday, December 11, 2017

Distressed

Distressed.  Both me and the clothes.

This past week included a shopping trip with the 15 yo GGD to buy her Christmas present.  It is evident that I don't go shopping much.  I was really shocked.  We were in a nice shopping area, chain stores but not big box stores.  The stores were a mess!  Not a mess from shoppers but a mess in the way they were set up.  Crowded aisles,  piles upon piles of whatever, "Sale" signs everywhere.  And then there was this.



Found at Macy's

For nearly $100 you can buy a cashmere sweater complete with moth holes.  You don't have to wait for your own moths to munch, the work is done.

Fortunately this isn't the GGD's style.  I told her if she were wearing it I'd be running around behind her saying "Oh, let me mend that for you honey".

I'm done shopping.  I couldn't be happier if I never had to go into those stores again.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I have seen the distressed jeans for years - which I do not like but never a sweater with holes in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't much go to the mall anymore. It's obvious that they're not trying to sell things to our generation. I see distressed/torn jeans everywhere - some so torn that you wonder how they even hold together. A cashmere sweater with its own moth holes - it just boggles the mind. I don't try to shop for the teens any more - they're each getting a packet of socks and a gift card from Old Navy. Old Navy has clothes that they like, but not the extremes of the department stores who are trying to cover all bases of preference. It must be a relief to have the GGD's shopping done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that is going too far! Something is going wrong with shops these days, so little quality and too much 'throwaway' fashion. So I'm a Christmas Grinch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never even understood the jeans with holes in--and now this?! Nope--don't get it. I'm glad your GGD doesn't want to wear that style. Whew! ;)

    ReplyDelete