Monday, October 21, 2019

elotes chidos - (food)

Have you tried this?  Oh so good.  Here's a picture and description from the East Bay Express news.



La Santa Torta - food truck at various locations in Oakland



The elotes chidos, which translates to "cool corn," consists of a cup of hot, freshly steamed corn kernels topped with Flamin' Hot Cheetos, a drizzle of mayonnaise, a sprinkling of cotija cheese, lime juice, Tajín, and Tapatío. The combination of corn and Hot Cheetos created a fun contrast of textures, while the mayo and cheese helped tie everything together.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Darla, I have never seen anything quite like this, but it sure looks good. Actually, I don't know what Hot Cheetos are either! You have great food over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even before I got to the drizzle of mayo you had me. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing - may try it at home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a dish like this. I'd definitely be up for trying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope--never heard of it. Looks interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete