Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tea Stands for Tuesday and Second on the Second - 4/2/19

Time for tea on the 2nd day of the month where we are encouraged to bring back a post for a second look.  Elizabeth posts lots of recycling/reusing ideas during April so I though I would share a previous tea post with that in mind. 
TUESDAY, MAY 13, 2014

Tea stands for Tuesday - 5/13/14

Time for a little show and tell on this T stands for Tuesday.  As you can see I'm drinking coffee not tea but that meets the guidelines Elizabeth has set out for us on her blog.


We have several old dictionaries so I set one aside for altered art projects.  I've used many, many pages and even shared pages with creative friends.  This time I simply tore out a page and covered with watercolor in a random way.  I decided to make a couple of post cards.



I used heavy mixed media paper for the post card and watercolor on the background of each of these.



Circles were torn from the painted dictionary page and glued on.  A few marks with a pen finished the postcards.

I'm not really pleased with the writing on the cards.  It looks a little wobbly to me.  As you all know though when you use a Sharpie to write or draw, what's done is done.

Hope you have a great Tuesday and be sure to visit our hostessElizabeth's blog to see what the rest of the group is sharing this week.

I'm also linking up with Jenn's Artist's Play Room this week.  Share the art!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely postcards
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely artwork for Second on the 2nd and T-Day. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of these postcards, Darla. Love your having fun and sharing it with us. The writing works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a delightful look back on a blog post and art. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Postcards, I think the writing is fine, I never write in anything as I always make a mess of it!
    Have a great week
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also glad coffee qualifies for T Day :) as I drink so much more of it. Your blue mug is lovely. I like the writing. It's not mechanical, and I like the free style. The flowers are pretty. Your watercolors are darker and richer than the ones in the little school set I have. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe of this post. I actually remember it, so it was a great second look for me. I really loved the flowers then, and love them now, too. Dictionaries are so great for both backgrounds and elements. These flowers prove that. Thanks for the two-fer this week (and month). Most impressive use of T this Tuesday and Second on the 2nd, too, dear Darla. I love these postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful artwork! The colours remind me of spring and I enjoyed finding our how you created it too 😁. Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely postcards you have created with your dictionary paper. The perfect way to re-purpose. And the spring theme to your cards as well as your hand written quotes work wonderfully together. I love using book paper in my art as well.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both beautiful postcards and the writing looks great to me.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated T day and second on the second, seeing it now already the third. Love the art in your second look. Hope it was a good T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, I hadn't seen this one before. Great art work. I like a hand written quote. If it were perfect, it wouldn't look like hand written...
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is new to me and I love how you turned the coloured book pages into flowers! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. On my, these are beautiful postcards! I love how you used the paper from the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete