Monday, January 7, 2019

Art Journal Journey - Geometric Shapes


My entry to the "Geometric Shapes" challenge is a painting.  I actually started this a very long time ago but relegated it to the "paint over it" pile of canvases.  When I pulled it out I saw some possibilities.  Inspired by the Geometric challenge, I went to work on what I had and in the end I feel I captured the feeling or atmosphere I was after



acrylic on 9x12 canvas board


Sometimes it pays to put something away for awhile if you are stuck or if it isn't going like you want it to go.  


Please click on over to the Art Journal Journey blog to view other entries to this challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and peaceful painting and I love the colors! What a fantastic entry to our Geometric shapes topic at Art Journal Journey! Thank you for joinin in again ! That's much appreciated!

    Have a great new week Darla!

    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous painting! The way that you captured the light on the sides of the building is beautiful 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colors here, the shading and light. I'm glad you brought this back out and found a new inspiration for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Darla. It's been so long since I've seen your paintings, I am once again taken by the beauty of this canvas. I have often said if I don't like something I'm working on, I will leave it a few days to see if I like it better when I return to it, or possibly by that time, I know what I need to correct it. I am not sure what it looked like before you finished it, but it is a genuine work of pure art now. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet painting Darla, I really like it. The blue and yellow really vibrate together, beautifully. We are going to the south of France later this year - hope to see a lot of scenes like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This feels like an oasis in the desert. Good thing you didn't paint over it. I look at this painting and it makes me feel relaxed. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful painting Darla! Thanks for linking it to my challenge at AJJ.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete