Monday, December 17, 2018

Neighborhood Walk - 12/17/18

I haven't posted a neighborhood walk for a long time.  Partly because my walking route has been the scene of ugly construction.  Partly because I've been lazy.  Not lazy about walking - I've been out there.  Lazy about posting.  So lets go.....


Part of the demolition of old/construction of new included this store.  An Amazon 4-star store.  I haven't been inside because I walk early before shops open.  I had to google it because I had no idea what it was.  Basically things that on Amazon rate 4 stars or higher.  I think Amazon is taking over the world.


This part of my usual walk is unchanged.  They have put up nice minimal Christmas decorations.  The streets are damp from last nights rain but it is supposed to clear up today.


The landscapers keep the area very nice.  I notice they have planted cyclamen in lots of nooks and crannies.  Cyclamen happen to be one of my favorite flowers.

That pretty much brings you up to date on my walks.  Have you taken a walk in your neighborhood lately?


6 comments:

  1. No walks for me lately. We had a lot of snow and it is cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of an Amazon 4-star store, but it'd be helpful to see things in person. Maybe the brick-and-mortar store isn't as dead as everybody feared :) I remember Christmas decorations in public spaces being bigger than what I see now, but I'm happy to see that folks still do some decorating :) I tend to huddle at home during the shorter days, so I appreciate this opportunity to walk "virtually" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so busy this Christmas season, I unfortunately don't have time to devote to a walk in my neighborhood. I walk enough around my house, the grocery store, etc. But you live in a much warmer clime than I, so if my winters didn't involve sub zero temps, I would be out walking, too!

    I can't believe Amazon. I agree that it feels like it is going to take over the world. My friend Scott told me if you couldn't get it at Amazon, you didn't need it! That's one conversation where we will just have to agree to disagree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darla what lovely things to see on your walk,i havent heard of an Amazon store either,they are only online here,hope your day is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darla, your walking neighbourhood looks very attractive, and the street is very festive with its decorations. Having landscapers to add pops of colour is really nice - I have to say that does not happen around here! I have never seen an Amazon store, and it does surprise me. They are taking over, aren't they. Happy Christmas Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea Amazon was going brick and mortar stores, too!! Amazing!

    Still so pretty on your walks. A bit icy here with the melty temps in the mid 30s.

    ReplyDelete