Friday, November 2, 2018

Second on the Second 11/2/18

The Second on the Second is celebrated at Elizabeth's blog on the second day of every month   You are invited to bring an old post to the top for a second look.  This is one I posted in 2011 and I thought it would be fun to look at it again.  Be sure to visit Elizabeth to see what others consider worth a second look


Día de los Muertos

Día de los Muertos is widely celebrated in the latin community here.  I decided to make a talisman to recognize the day in my own way.



I think if you click on the picture you can enlarge it.

I really enjoy making what I call Rubble Art. Just the usual tin can lid, pull tabs, scrap paper and some beads. I actually found this string of beads in the gutter - maybe it was originally a bracelet. Anyhow, I knew I wanted to use them in some way.

Have you found anything interesting laying in the street lately?

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, what a fabulous piece-I really love this-I live so rural that I am not on streets at all really any more-great find of the beads-so glad you shared with us
    Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic and creepy piece! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to recognize the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful piece with very original ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these string of beads was a good find, i think i never found something that interesting! great use you made of it, wonderful talisman:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very clever use of a can top and pull tabs, Darla. I don't know it this qualifies as interesting, but I picked up a lovely smooth river stone a couple of days ago. It makes me think of a Japanese Zen sand garden. Eileen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this piece. That chin of skulls really makes it unique. Thanks for sharing, I forgot it was day of the dead (I'll stick with English as I'm tires and can't think of how to spell the authentic Spanish.) Hus-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I had been here already, but obviously, I had not. I remember that entry, Darla, and marveled by how well you got the tin lined up perfectly for the photo. I also marveled at the string of beads. This is a gorgeous and memorable second look, Darla, and I'm thrilled you shared it on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can almost call this recycled art - and it's fantastic! I love the skulls and that you found them in the gutter is a plus! How wonderful that you took them with you and made something out of it. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete