Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Second on the Second - 5/2/18

Time to join "The Second on the Second" hosted by Elizabeth.  On the second of each month we are invited to bring an old post up for a second look.  

I've been thinking about making some ATC's so went back through my files for some inspiration.  Here's a second look at what I was doing about 7 years ago.



TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2011

ATC's

Do you know what an ATC is? Artist's Trading Card. It is a little piece of art. There are two rules, first an ATC must be 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches - not much bigger than the picture on your monitor.  That is the size of baseball or sports trading cards and I suppose that's where the idea originated.  Also, they must be traded not sold.

One of the art groups I belong to has monthly ATC trades and I've decided to join in for the first time. Participants submit an ATC and a monthly winner is drawn, that person receives all the ATC's entered. Sounds like fun


Tissue paper, ink, pastels

This is the one I'll enter this month.  That polka dot  tissue paper has been in my scrap paper pile for ages.


Scrap paper, oil pastels, ink

As long as I was in the mood I made a second one. I had a bit of trouble inking in the bird on the first one since it was over tissue paper so this time I did the pear on watercolor paper, cut it out and glued it on.

Are you familiar with ATC's?

12 comments:

  1. The ATC is one of the few pieces of art I've done as an adult, and I'm enjoying looking at your examples. It's amazing what folks are able to accomplish in such a small space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I don't have to answer the question about ATCs. I believe most of the second lookers will be familiar, too, since we have those yearly exchanges when T Tuesday turns a year older. Both of your ATCs are wonderful, and like Divers and Sundry, I agree that it's amazing what one is able to achieve art wise in such a small space. It's almost too small for me.

    I LOVE your handwriting, Darla. If mine looked that good, I would write every sentiment by hand. It add to the fun of the image(s). Simply wonderful ATCs and a great second look on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ATCs. I agree with Elizabeth in that you have beautiful handwriting.
    I'm not terribly good at making ATCs but I have participated once in Elizabeth's yearly exchange. I still treasure those beautiful mini works of art.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love the crow. He looks like he's a prankster and a wise guy too. :) ATC's are so much fun to make, aren't they? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATCs are both wonderful. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Second on the 2nd
    Wow I love both of your atc's both are just so nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute ATCs, Darla. I didn't know what an ATC was until about three years ago. So you were ahead of me ;-) It's tough working in such a small space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that I visited from Elizabeth's Second on the 2nd gathering.

      Delete
  8. The ATCs are very cute - I guess I had forgotten about them. I love the pear, very striking image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the raven (or is it a crow?), s/he is so sassy - and cute at the same time. Sometimes I create ATCs, but unfortunately not very often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I made some ATCs when I did a lot of beading. This group sounds fun, do you still take part? I love your work, especially the raven!

    ReplyDelete