Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Flora and Fauna/Art Journal Journay


My computer time has been so erratic lately.  On the other hand I've been wanting to join some challenge groups.  At Art Journal Journey the challenge lasts for a month (if I understand correctly).  That should give me time to create a new piece (required) and get it posted.

This month the theme is Flora and Fauna


Mixed media
8"x 10" canvas board

A little of everything was used.  The background is a page from a phone book, the flower is from a napkin, the green on bottom left is tissue paper with acrylic paint "dots".   I used acrylic paints to paint a hummingbird and where ever else you see paint.

Thanks everyone for hosting this challenge, it seems like it may be one I can keep up with.


11 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing page! I love how the text shows through the background and the flower napkin and your painted hummingbird are beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Art Journal Journey with your awesome page! Happy Wednesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so lovely! You are a very talented painter. I also love the text showing through. I must try that. I’ve never worked wit text, it adds a big point of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW I love this page-so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is out of this world, Darla. Most impressive and a great mixed media piece. I adore that you used an old phone book page for the background. They get used up that way.

    Yes, you have a full month to enter as many entries as you like at Art Journal Journey. We are SO pleased you shared this with us today at Art Journal Journey. It's a genuine beauty and I hope to see even more this month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just FANTATSIC Darla! I am in awe of your Mixed Media skills! I love that wonderful page and you made me happy to see it linked to Art Journal Journey! Your participation is much appreciated!
    Happy rest of the week!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Darla. Nice colors and images too! I'd frame this one or put it on my mantel. Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the art you created on a phone book page Darla! It's beautiful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Darla. Great idea tu use a phonebook. The paper is very thin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Darla. The hummingbird is darling and reminds me of the "real" hummingbirds that flutter about my garden, feeding from the flowers. This is what your piece is about - just beautiful. I like all the different material especially the flower from the napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page - love the humming bird especially :)
    have a great weekend.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete