Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tea Stands for Tuesday - 10/.24/17

We have been at the River House enjoying the perfect fall weather, not too hot and not too cold. October is one of my favorite months in our area.


Some time was spent just sitting on the front porch.  I tried a new to me drink.  Bai.  I had the pomegranate version.  I really liked it and it has all the natural things going for it.  However it is nearly $2 a bottle.  Yes, an individual sized bottle.  I have plenty of water I can drink.



I was able to get some art time in.  The yellow in a little more intense than in appears in the photo.  This is the same color/theme as a lampshade I painted some time ago.  No, they won't be in the same room.


The painting was done on an 8x8 wrapped canvas.  I wanted the edges to spill to the sides.  I had to figure a way to do that.  I sat the canvas up on some empty cans.

That's my report for this Tea time.  Lets go over to Elizabeth's and see what everyone else has been doing.

14 comments:

  1. I always enjoy visiting the River House with you, it seems so peaceful there 😁. Your drink looks delicious and I love your beautiful flower art that you created, especially the way it flows down the sides of the canvas - such a fabulous idea! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is fabulous. LOVE the sunflower. So good to know the River House is still in good shape and not near the horrible fires surrounding many areas of your state.

    That is a very expensive bottle of pomegranate juice, but it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing your fabulous painting and your Bai with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes water is cheaper but it's still nice to try something like your drink for a treat. Beautiful flower canvas- I love that the petals go over the sides! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks a beautiful flower canvas, love how it covers the sides as well.
    Your drink must have had a lovely flavour, it sounds wonderful.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bali drinks and yes they are pricey-I find them cheapest at a big box store by the case at sams club.
    Love your painting and how you painted on the sides-clever!
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love October, too! :) I've never heard of Bai, but I pretty much stick with water, coffee, and tea.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think having nice weather and enjoying the river is good. I'm not sure if I've ever seen this type of drink before. I know I've never tried it. They get a fortune for drinks for sure. Happy T day, even if I am little late. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying a drink outside in the sunny weather sounds perfect. Lovely painting, so cheerful! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That price for a mere drink seems excessive. It's strange that so many folks will pay that kind of money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. October is such a lovely month for you, and I love seeing everyone's Autumn leaves photos. Your painting is so cheerful and I like the way you brought it around the sides. I have bought some little canvases like this for my grandson to paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curious, I looked up weather in your area, Darla, and found your winters are very much like ours here in Mexico. It's lovely to sit outside this time of year and you have a wonderful place to do so. Glad you're enjoying the end of summer heat.

    Here we complain about the winter cold when it gets down to 40 F. I still laugh at that thought after 20 years - having previously lived in WI and NJ. But now 40 feels freezing cold to me - lol.

    Love your bright cheery canvas and look forward to seeing the end result.

    Happy T-Day!! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you got some art time - this looks wonderful- and with warm weather too! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete