Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tea Stands for Tuesday cups and pots


As part of our house update, we had a cement walkway put in the back yard.  For years there was a brick walkway in that area but with weather and earthquakes and aging the bricks were not at all level.  Beautiful but not really safe and we are trying to correct some safety issues here.  We switched the walk to concrete.  



There is room at one end of the walk to place a few pots full of plants.  Hopefully that will soften the look of the concrete.  Here is a pot I purchased.  I was taken with the bird (which barely shows in the photo) and the color.  I'm drinking tea this morning and contemplating what kind of plant to put in it.  Something low maintenance for sure.



A local shop was having a sale.  This is some of their selection.  I think all the pots were $10 which seemed very reasonable to me.

As I drink my tea I will join Elizabeth and friends for Tea Tuesday.

I'm hoping Elizabeth can link me to the party.

11 comments:

  1. All of those pots are beautiful. I would have scooped them all up! Well, maybe not all..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have trouble narrowing my choice down to just one at that price, but the one with the birds that you chose would definitely have been one of them. I look forward to seeing it planted :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I was late visiting. You are now linked. I actually saw two birds on your pot. It's fabulous and I agree with Divers and Sundry that it would be hard to choose, since I love those colors.

    Thanks for sharing your tea and pot with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! I am loving these pots! that is an excellent price too--
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pot you chose, the birds look so beautiful and elegant - perfect! I would of chosen the same and it will look lovely on your new walkway. I also have to say that I adore your pretty sideboard behind your new pot in the background too ... lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Take care and wishing you much happiness this T Day! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all beautiful pots. I just had a friend tell me their brick walkway needs repairs and they are considering concrete too. Love the pot you chose. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pots are gorgeous and very reasonably priced. Good to choose safety for the path. Happy T Day, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty shades of blue.... i would have had trouble choosing... I'm looking forward to seeing what plant you put in it... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's a beautiful flower pot! I can see why you were attracted to the bird design...it's lovely! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a gorgeous flower pot. I think I would have had to buy 2 or 3 and couldn't pick just one. But then again I have a weakness for plants. Happy T day. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pots at a great price, Darla. We live in a village of cobblestone streets. I can't count on all my digits the number of friends who have broken bones trying to navigate the uneven surface in the 20 years I've lived here. Slippery when wet, painful in thin soled shoes, forget wearing high heels (though many still try!).

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete